MAKES 4 SERVINGSIngredients
2 cups cooked, cubed Corned Emu
3 sweet potatoes, cubed
1/2 large onion
1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange or red bell pepper
2 TBS minced Garlic (4-5 cloves)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 3/4 tsp salt (separated)
2 tsp pepper (separated)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 TBS olive oil
- Chop the peppers, onions, and mince the garlic. Set them aside. Then cube the sweet potatoes and place them in a bowl with 1 TBS olive oil, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
- To begin cooking the sweet potatoes, cover them and place them in the microwave for 9-10 minutes. While they are in the microwave, heat 1 TBS of oil over medium heat and begin to sauté the peppers, onions, and garlic with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- While the potatoes are warming and the peppers and onions are sautéing, cut the Corned Emu into 1-inch cubes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender, add them to the skillet with the paprika, sage, and crushed red pepper. Stir everything together and then press the mixture down evenly in the skillet. Cover it and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, flip the hash using a firm, sharp spatula. You should begin to see a nice, crispy crust on the hash. Once flipped, ensure that the mixture is pressed flat throughout the skillet again. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Once the potatoes have a nice crust and the veggies are all soft, mix in the cubed Corned Emu. Cook until the Corned Emu is hot.
- Serve immediately while it's still hot. Enjoy!