Ingredients:1 package of Amaroo Hills Non-GMO Pekin Duck Breasts
2 ½ tbsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried leaf oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Place about 4 tbsp of the mixed seasoning into a separate small bowl. Place the remaining seasoning in an airtight jar or container for storage.
- Carefully score the skin of the duck breasts in a crosshatch pattern making sure to cut only the skin. Do not cut the meat. Try to leave a thin layer of white fat at the bottom of the incisions. Score marks should be around 1/2 an inch apart.
- Turn the duck breasts skin side down and rub each one generously with the seasoning mix.
- Place the duck breasts skin side down into a cold, oven-safe skillet. A cast iron skillet works very well.
- Place the skillet on the stove over medium-low heat. Sear the duck breasts for 6 minutes. A nice amount of the fat should render and the skin should turn a nice golden-brown color.
- After 6 minutes has passed, flip the duck breasts over and place the skillet in the oven. Roast the duck breasts for 9 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the duck breasts from the oven. Cover with foil and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the duck breasts into half-inch pieces and serve.