MAKES 3-4 SERVINGS
2 Amaroo Hills Duck Leg Confit
1 large tomato, diced
2 shallots, diced
2 radishes, thinly sliced
7 oz Follow Your Heart dairy-free shredded cheddar
1 fresh jalepeño pepper, sliced
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
8 oz salt & pepper kettle cooked potato chips
Pickled red onions for garnish
Optional: 1 habanero pepper, diced
- Set the oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit and heat the duck legs for 15-20 mins.
- Prepare tomatoes, shallots, radishes, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Combine tomatoes, shallots, cilantro, and lime juice in a separate bowl.
- When they are ready, take the duck legs out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Shred the meat off of the bone with two forks.
- Place chips in the bottom of a cast iron skillet.
- Place shredded meat on top of the chips and then cover the meat with cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Take the skillet out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Then garnish with tomato mixture, pickled onions, jalapeños, radishes, cilantro, and habanero peppers (if desired).
- Serve and enjoy.